Friday 24 May 2013

Gearing up for the bank holiday weekend...

There is something very pleasing about walking into one's kitchen and seeing a full fruit bowl.




There is something even more pleasing when you see a free carton of orange juice next to it! Thank you Abel & Cole!

Our Fruit & Veg box arrived bright and early yesterday, consisting of:

Anjou Pears
Bananas
Apples
Carrots
Salad potatoes
Leeks
Baby Spinach
Cherry Tomatoes
Brown mushrooms
Ramiro pepper (red)

 
Dinner consisted of Ramiro pepper stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in streaky bacon; served with left over broccoli, oven roasted cherry tomatoes and bruschetta topped with pesto and squashed cherry toms. Delicious. Although baby spat out the cherry tomatoes and some ended up on the floor, so I think we can say he is not a tomato fan!
 
I have a busy bank holiday weekend ahead, starting with a champagne fuelled lunch today for my good friend's 30th at the fabulous Rock & Rose. The food there is delicious and I had to have a sneaky peak at the menu to tease my tastebuds!
 
Secondly, it's baby boy's 1st birthday this weekend! I can't believe how quickly the year has gone - time certainly does fly. My organic fruit and veg box will be magically transforming into picnic treats on Saturday - let's hope for some sunshine!
 
Thirdly, I have two more birthday invites for this weekend- lazy Sunday afternoon drinks and family fun on Monday. I predict lots of eating, drinking and laughter!
 
Enjoy your bank holiday weekend, whatever you are doing! Bye for now.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment